Dedicated to serving individuals and families in their journey of recovery!

Articles

Knowing the Dangers of Alcohol Overdose

Knowing the Dangers of Alcohol Overdose

You should know that celebrating the parties, enjoying the party after work, and cheering your favorite sports team are common ways to get relax or be with friends. For some people, those opportunities may include drinking or even binge drinking. When it happens, the result can be deadly. Drinking alcohol too much and quickly can cause significant effects in decision-making, motor coordination, impulse control, and other risks as well. Keep drinking alcohol neglected clear signs of significant impairments give the result of alcohol overdose. If you get on this article, you want to learn about key signs of an alcohol overdose include

So, what is the alcohol overdose?

Knowing the Dangers of Alcohol Overdose

Alcohol overdose happens when there is so much alcohol in the bloodstream so some areas of the brain that controls the basic support functions such as heart rate, breathing, and temperature control start to shut down. There are several symptoms of alcohol overdose such as mental confusion, vomiting, seizure, slower heart rate, dulled responses, and so on. You should know that alcohol overdose can cause permanent brain damage or even death as well. 

So, it is not necessary to get all of those symptoms before you look for medical help. Someone with alcohol poisoning who is unconscious or they cannot be awakened is at risk of dying or even death. It may be hard to decide whether someone is drunk enough to get medical help. You can get some help from alcohol rehab near me

You should know that one of the major causes of alcohol poisoning is binge drinking. The pattern of heavy drinking when making rapid drinking. Even you can consume a fatal dose before you pass out. When you are unconscious or you have stopped drinking, alcohol still releases from your intestines and stomach to your bloodstream, and your alcohol level keeps rising. 

How much is too much? 

Dislike food that takes several hours to digest, alcohol can be absorbed quickly inside your body and it is long before other nutrients. It also takes a lot more time for your body to eliminate alcohol that you drink. Most of the alcohol was processed by your liver. The more you drink it, especially in a short time, then you have a higher risk of alcohol poisoning. Keep in mind that mixed drinks also contain more than one serving of alcohol and take a longer time to metabolize. So, you have to know about the key signs of an alcohol overdose include.

Share this post

Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on tumblr